MBCA Education Foundation Board Meeting
The MBCA Educational Foundation board met in St. Louis, MO, on Friday, Nov. 5, 2010. The meeting agenda included the following:
MERCEDES BENZ CLUB OF AMERICA EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Board Meeting Agenda – November 5, 2010
St. Louis, MO
- Business Plan: The EF is revising the business plan to include new developments in teen driving programs and the addition of new directors to the EF Board.
- Board reconstitution: three new directors have been added to the EF Board; John Herzler, Ted Youngling, and Gary Anderson.
- Additional board members are being sought and the focus is on individuals with corporate experience and/or foundation fund raising experience.
Doug Dees, Treasurer, provided a treasurer’s report to the board.
- Financial Report
- Donations: The EF board would like to extend our appreciation to Don Anderson for his gracious $500 donation. Also, we would like to acknowledge donations made by MBCA members that donate while joining, or renewing, his or her membership.
- The EF was operating without a board president due to the passing of Joe. Mary Alice Cozza assumed the role of acting president. A board president will be elected at the November 2010 MBCA EF board meeting on Saturday, November 6, 2010.
- MBCA Educational Foundation elections for new officers: the date for the next election is November 6, 2010.
- Doug Truitt is the registered agent in the state of Colorado for the EF.
- Driver’s education initiatives and Street Survival: The “Street Survival Program” presented numerous challenges with respect to facilities, manpower and insurance and a decision was made to defer EF’s focus on this program at this time. However, additional facilities and programs are now being pursued. The Board has identified an opportunity in the Atlanta, GA, area. John Herzler is working with a facility and will report back to the Board on the new developments.
- Fund raising – the Board is seeking experienced professionals to enhance our fund raising efforts during 2011.
- Administrative support and office operations; assistance is being provided by the NBO; bank transactions, book sales, etc. The EF intends to hire administrative support as needed based on the results of fund raising efforts.
- The EF board will review and update the advertisement previously submitted to the Star magazine as well as classified ads.
- Press Release: a press release is being provided to the Newsletter Committee for future publication in section newsletters.
- McPherson College: Ed Hall with the Oklahoma Section discussed the past donations with the college.
- Next EF meeting to be determined (within 60-90 days).