MBCAEF Board Meeting – Nov. 6, 2009
The MBCA Educational Foundation board met in St. Louis, MO, on Friday, November 6, 2009. The meeting agenda included the following:
MERCEDES BENZ CLUB OF AMERICA EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Board Meeting Agenda – November 6, 2009
St. Louis, MO
- Business plan implementation in progress
- Fund raising plan implementation in progress
- Donor recognition; donors were contacted and thanked for their generosity
- Board member search; 3-4 additional board members are being sought and the focus is on individuals with corporate experience and/or foundation fund raising experience
Doug Dees, Treasurer
- Financial report and statement balance; current account balance is $86,952
- Donations; $3,229 in donations and interest (Jan. – Sept. 2009)
- Auto Restoration Funding Request: CT/West Chester Section – Werner to investigate the request, the budget for the project and the ability of the local section to provide technical support for the project. Werner to report back to the EF board by end of November.
- Discussion with new MBCA Executive Director concerning the Star back issues and the MBCA 50th Anniversary books; Joe Wozney to discuss with Doug Truitt
- MBCA Educational Foundation elections for new officers: tentative date for the next election prior to February 1, 2010.
- Doug Truitt has filed the paperwork with the state of Colorado to become the registered agent of the EF to replace the outgoing agent.
- Driver’s education initiatives and the Street Survival
- Program challenges with respect to facilities, manpower and insurance
- Involvement of other trainers currently in the business
- Fund raising – outsourcing firms
- Discuss resources
- Member contact: Pacific Gas & Electric Company sponsors an annual “Campaign for the Community” which allows employees to donate to 501(c)3 organizations through payroll deduction. Information was provided to include the EF as a possible charitable organization.
- Proxy provision: approved by Member in May 2009 and incorporated into current EF bylaws
- Member approved the maximum number of EF board members up to eleven (11)
- Administrative support and office operations
- MBCA membership application: we understand the MBCA is including our requested updates for the next printing. Copy of our proposed revisions sent to the NBO.
- PR and marketing
- Re-address the advertisement in the Star magazine as well as classified ads, which have been submitted for the next issue.
- Next EF meeting to be determined once additional board candidates have been identified (within 60-90 days)