MBCA EF Board Meeting
The MBCA Educational Foundation board met in Herndon, VA, on Monday, March 30. The meeting agenda included the following:
MERCEDES BENZ CLUB OF AMERICA EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Board Meeting Agenda – March 30, 2009
- Business plan implementation
- Fund raising plan implementation
- Donor recognition
- Board member search
- Financial report and statement balance
- Investment account
- Sale of Star magazines (back issues)
- NBO sales of the EF purchased 50th anniversary books
- Driver’s education initiatives
- Street Survival: program involvement to date
- Training of instructors
- Fund raising – outsourcing firms
- Discuss resources
- Member contact: Pacific Gas & Electric Company sponsors an annual “Campaign for the Community” which allows employees to donate to 501(c)3 organizations through payroll deduction. Information was provided to include the EF as a possible charitable organization.
- Proxy provision: draft prepared for Member approval
- Administrative support and office operations
- MBCA EF brochures: the board has determined not to replace or produce printed brochures.
- MBCA membership application: we understand the MBCA is including our requested updates for the next printing. Copy of our proposed revisions sent to the NBO.
- PR and marketing
- Advertisement in the Star magazine as well as classified ads, which have been submitted for the July/Aug. issue.
- Proposal for potential funding from FIA Motor Sport Safety Dev. fund. Proposal to the EF board prior to our next meeting.
A full board report will be presented in Indianapolis on April 30, 2009, in conjunction with the MBCA national board meeting.